These instructions cover recording videos with Camera on Windows.
- Open Camera from the Windows Start Menu. If you don’t see it right away in the start menu then search for it.
- Camera has two modes, Photo and Video. The icon shown in the large white button is the currently selected mode. Click the Video or Photo icon just above or below the white button to switch modes.
- To start recording click the white video button
- To end your recording click the red stop button
- Your recordings are automatically saved to your Windows Camera Roll when you click the stop recording button. You can access your recently recorded video by clicking the image representing it in the lower right corner of the Camera app window.
- From here you can review your video. To access the video file for your recording, click the icon that is three dots in the upper right of the window. Choose Open folder. From here you can access your video recordings.
- We strongly encourage giving your recording a descriptive name (e.g.,
Make sure you are not small in the frame . Adjust you or your device so you are prominent and the top of your head is close to the top of the frame.
Make sure you are in a brightly lit area . Open window shades or turn on additional lights if needed! Additionally, orientante yourself so the light shines brightest onto your face and not your back.
While recording make sure you look at your camera and not your computer screen!
Published on July 26, 2022 at 11:46:51 am CDT. Last modified on October 11, 2022 at 1:24:53 pm CDT.