Do not click the Record/Upload Media button.
This is not the button to record or upload video for Kaltura Capture.
To start a webcam and screen recording:
- Sign into an online course and go to any page that has a Canvas Editor
- Click the More External Tools button (the blue down arrow)
- Click My Media on the dropdown menu
- Click the + Add New button on popup modal window
- Click Kaltura Capture on the dropdown menu
- Click the checkbox to agree to the terms and conditions.
A prompt similar to the either one of the images above may be presented.
- Click the Open… button to open the Kaltura Capture application.
- Click the Webcam preview/input button to make sure the webcam is active. Change the input of the webcam if necessary. If the Webcam button is grayed out, webcam is disabled or not available.
- Click the Screen preview/input button to make sure the screen is active. For multiple displays/monitors, change the display of the screen if necessary. Select the options of recording full screen or only a selected area if necessary.
- Click the Audio preview/input button to make sure the microphone is active. Change the input of the microphone if necessary. If the Audio button is grayed out, microphone is disabled or not available.
- Click the Start Recording (big red) button to start recording.
- Click the Stop Recording (gray square) button to stop the recording. A popup dialog will prompts for confirmation.
Click the Yes, Stop it button to stop recording and the open post-recording window.
- Enter a title for the recording in the Title field.
- Click the Save & Upload button to save and upload the video to Kaltura.
Once the recording is saved and uploaded, it will be displayed in the library. For instructions on sharing or posting the recording on online course, please refer to the Share/Post Recording section. For instructions on how to edit the recording, please refer to the Edit Recording section.
Published on March 16, 2020 at 11:08:53 pm CDT. Last modified on March 17, 2020 at 9:44:20 pm CDT.