Calendars are integral to getting things done at UW Extended Campus.
The shared team calendar should be used for productions (video, audio, photo, etc), training sessions, personal vacation or appointments, and furlough.
In Outlook, click on the calendar icon in the lower left corner.
Open Shared Calendar at the top of the application window.
The name of our shared team calendar isoel-mediaproduction. Type the name in, click the calendar, and click
The calendar should now show up with your other calendars on the left side of the application window.
Scheduling and Use Guidelines
Once you have access to the shared team calendar you can now use it. Again, the shared team calendar should be used for productions (video, audio, photo, etc), training sessions, personal vacation or appointments, and furlough.
First, make sure you have the oel-mediaproduction calendar selected.
Meeting at the top of the application window.
From: is mediaproduction. Now fill in
A couple of important notes:
- If this is a virtual meeting make sure to specify which platform will be used and how to access the meeting.
- If this is a personal appointment or vacation, or furlough make sure to invite yourself and change
Out of Officeso you others won’t schedule you during that time. In addition, send a seperate email your supervisor letting them know when you’ll be out of the office.
- Make sure to include in the description who the invite is from, what the purpose of the event is, and an agenda.
- If this is a production make sure to specify the course, faculty, content, and any other helpful relevant information. If this is a production away from UWEX make sure to change
Out of Officeso you others won’t schedule you during that time.
- You can click
Schedulingto view your invitee’s availaiblity.
- Make sure to use the appliciable emoji in the
Subjectname. The emoji list is below.
Emojis icon that indicates the type of event
🎥 Video Shoot
📷 Photo Shoot
🔊 Audio Recording Session
💡 Training Session
🌞 Planned Vacations or furloughs
🗓️ Personal Calendar
first.last@uwex Outlook calendar should be used for all things outside of productions (video, audio, photo, etc), training sessions, personal vacation or appointments, and furlough. The process to schedule is the same and many of the use guidelines apply.
Your personal calendar is
Calendar in Outlook.
A couple of notes specifically for personal calendars:
- You do not need to use emojis.
- Your personal calendar should have all of your personal appointments or vacations, or fulough days. They should make it to your personal calendar by inviting yourself when you add it to the oel-mediaproduction shared calendar.
- Always double check
From:to make sure you are sending the invite from the correct calendar account. Your personal calendar will be
- Always make sure you calendar is up to date and accurately reflects your availability. This avoids accidentally being double booked and removes the need to inquire about your availability for a particulare date/time.
Published on July 15, 2015 at 1:29:14 pm CDT. Last modified on October 13, 2020 at 2:17:49 pm CDT.