To access our web server remotely you need to use the UW VPN (Not our CEOEL VPN), follow the steps listed below.
- Obtain a Wiscard from University of Wisconsin-Madison. You need to complete this step before continuing. For more information on how to obtain a Wiscard, visit Wiscard Office website.
- Activate NetID. To activate NetID, go to NetID Account Activation webpage. You will need the number printed on your Wiscard and your date of birth. For help on activating your NetID, visit the NetID Activation KnowledgeBase.
- Once you completed this step, you will get a new email address ended with @wisc.edu. You will also be able to log into MyUW. MyUW will contains the same information that you see on the Human Resource web portal (where you report your absences).
- Download WiscVPN (a.k.a. AnyConnect). WiscVPN can be downloaded from https://www.doit.wisc.edu/network/vpn/. Java must be enabled in order to download AnyConnect.
- For Mac users: if you do not wish to use AnyConnect, you may use your computer’s built-in VPN client. For instructions, visit https://kb.wisc.edu/helpdesk/page.php?id=12380.
- Follow the instruction here on how to connect to WiscVPN with AnyConnect.
Notes: AnyConnect is also available for iOS and Android if you wish to access our web server on mobile devices.
Published on February 10, 2015 at 3:33:05 pm CST. Last modified on May 04, 2018 at 1:36:58 pm CST.