When creating an icon or badge background for ULS Badge Maker, you can be as creative as you want and in whatever methods that work for you. However, please keep the following specifications in mind.
- The icon must be 500×500 pixels.
- Stroke and fill, clipping mask, and compound paths must be expanded.
- Consolidate/merge white colored offset, stroke, or background into one object, if possible.
- Solid black and white color only.
- You may use transparency to create different tones/shades of black.
- No groups within groups; group all objects into one group.
- All objects must be on one layer.
- No unnecessary orphaned objects.
Ethan recommends creating the icon the way you normally do. Once finished, copy and paste a copy of the icon into its own one layer and applied the specifications above.
- It must be in uncompressed SVG format (use Save As…, rather than export in Illustrator).
- Try keeping the SVG file size under 20KB.
- Must have an appropriate file name.
- Send both AI and SVG files (compressed into a ZIP file) to Ethan via email for review*.
*Ethan will not review/critique your design but rather double checking the specifications. He will attempt to resolve small issues, if any. If Ethan cannot resolved it, he may ask for your assistance.
For inspirations or to use IcoMoon icons, icons can be found at smb://ce-media-fs/MediaResources/Icons/icomoon_ultimate.
Published on July 25, 2017 at 2:52:35 pm CST. Last modified on June 06, 2018 at 3:49:23 pm CST.